NBFind & IPsetup lose a module

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
Ridgeglider

NBFind & IPsetup lose a module

Post by Ridgeglider »

I have two mod5270 and two 5234 modules on the same local (192...) net. All of their ethernet connections to the net run through a small dlink (?) hub. Each module runs unique code that actively works with several serial ports, the SD cards and the FTP and HTTP services. All modules continue to work. Except that every couple of days one of the modules (not necessarily the same one) seems to lose its ability to be found by either NBfind, or IPSetUp. Other than this, the code appears to be running fine. Connections to the "lost module" can still be made via http or ftp or ping, but Eclipse can't download new code unless the module can be found by NBfind or IPsetup. Resetting the lost module does not get it back. The only soultion seems to be cycling power on the hub. Suggestions? I have not tried a new hub or small switch, but I'm wondering if anyone has other suggestions before I do that?
SteveD

Re: NBFind & IPsetup lose a module

Post by SteveD »

Hi there

Here is my five cents worth...

The fact that you can connect to the module with at least one protocol suggests to me that it
could be a hub problem, however weird that sounds.

If the module responds to a ping, then it should also respond to the netburner broadcast, as
they are both processed in the same code module.

Ensure that you aren't using the netburner port for some other protocol (I am not sure it is possible
to do this without errors)

Do you lose all of the modules or only one? If you lose all, I have noticed that if I start up eclipse
with the network unplugged, then IPSetup and NBfind don't work, even after the network is plugged
back in, until you exit and restart eclipse. I don't know if this has been fixed in later versions, but I
have mentioned it before.

Good luck with locating the problem...
Best Regards
Steve