Build Error

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
tpannone

Build Error

Post by tpannone »

I think I fat fingered something and screwed up a project build. I'm now receiving the following error message.

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
Build error
Generated resource conflict:
two resources of the same name: /MRU_Node/Release/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.o
generated by different tools
tool1: GNU C++ Compiler
tool2: GNU C Compiler

There are four projects in my Workspace, but this is the only one that will not build. It will not clean either.

It is also the only project in the Workspace that has a /.metadata/... folder in its Release folder. The other three do not. There is a /.metadata folder one level up with I'm guessing is supposed to be shared by all four projects.

Is this what is keeping me from cleaning and rebuilding my project? Can I just delete it?
TomNB

Re: Build Error

Post by TomNB »

Sounds like you copied over settings from a different directory. A clean just cleans the source, it doesn't erase all your eclipse settings for the project. I would try creating a new project, then importing just the source files from the old one.
tpannone

Re: Build Error

Post by tpannone »

Thanks Tom. That was going to be my last resort.

In a last ditch attempt to not create a new project, I did the following:

1. Closed the project (Didn't know I could do that because my four projects are always open when I launch NBEclipse.)
2. Exited NBEclipse
3. Deleted the rogue /.metadata folder from my project's Release folder
4. Launched NBEclipse
5. Opened my project

I attempted to rebuild my project and voila, the build worked. No error messages. I'm not sure what that really did, but I'm back on track.