new to netburner MOD5441x

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
ecasey

Re: new to netburner MOD5441x

Post by ecasey »

Connect the MOD5441x to both USB and RJ45.
Open NBEclipse
Open MITTY
Press Reset on the MOD-DEV-70 board
Press "A" (must be capital) within 2 seconds - that will put you in the monitor.
andiso

Post by andiso »

WOW!!
I still dont understand exactly what I did but it actualy solved the problem...

I shorted the TP1 on the module and then I opened the MTTTY and press the 'A' a few times until I got the nb> prompt and then I just disconnected the short and now its working again :)

thanks
ecasey

Post by ecasey »

Very good. The MOD5441x is a very robust unit. Make sure that any program you load runs EnableAutoUpdate(); in UserMain(), otherwise you will have to go to the boot monitor to get run an update.
andiso

Post by andiso »

ok I remember that. thanks
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

Ecasey has some great comments and I think is correct - this is an ip addressing issue. Since you do not have the laptop and devices connected to a network with a dhcp server things are more complicated and require manual settings. This will be true of any network devices you use from any manufacturer. Looking through this thread there is some inconsistency since a 168.x.x.x device cannot ever talk to a 192.x.x.x device.

Lets take a methodical approach so we don't miss anything. I also want to make sure you are not using the same IP address for both netburner devices, since this would create an arp cache problem of the mac address on your pc.

If you open a command prompt on your laptop and type "ipconfig", what is the IP address and Mask for the Ethernet port?
If you have wifi, what is the IP address and Mask for that interface?

Using IPSetup, what is the IP address and Mask for each of the NetBurner devices?

What is the difference in settings between the one you say works, and the one that does not work?