Problem Creating New Project

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
tpannone

Problem Creating New Project

Post by tpannone »

Let me start by saying I'm using Eclipse IDE Rel 2.7.7, and attempting to bring our old DevC++ 1.13 projects up to date.

Using the Project Wizard, I'm trying to create a C++ project in a workspace other than the default NDEclipse workspace -> \Nburn\NBEclipse\workspace. For troubleshooting sake, let's call my new workspace \Systems. All of our projects are further subdivided by the particular job/contract, so I created a new folder under Systems called NewJob -> \Systems\NewJob. My new project will be called NewNBurn -> \Systems\NewJob\NewNBurn. (Each of our jobs will contain four different NetBurner projects.)

At this point, I have not even entered the name of my new project NewNBurn, but the Wizard gives me the following error: C:\Systems\NewJob overlaps the location of another project: NewJob. I'm confused because NewJob is not a project, just a folder to hold the new project NewNBurn.

What am I missing or forgetting?
sulliwk06

Re: Problem Creating New Project

Post by sulliwk06 »

It sounds like you actually want the NewJob folder to be your workspace folder and your projects would be added as subfolders to that workspace. I believe any folder underneath the workspace folder is considered a project folder, so since you are using your Systems folder as your workspace, it is expecting the subfolder NewJob to be a project folder, which is not what you want. I would create multiple workspace folders (1 for each job) underneath your Systems folder.
tpannone

Post by tpannone »

Thanks. I'll give that a try.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

You must create a NetBurner project, not a C++ project.