Build Error #2

Post by SeeCwriter »

I installed v2.7.4, imported a project and tried to compile. This is the error:

Generated resource conflict:
Two resources of the same name: /T2/Release/Images/XilinxImage.cpp
Generated by different tools
tool1: NetBurner Compfile
tool2: NetBurner Compfile

My project doesn't use Xilinx parts. Why is the IDE trying to create XilinxImage.cpp? Is there a configuration option in Eclipse to Enable/Disable this?
rnixon

Re: Build Error #2

Post by rnixon »

I would search your hard drive for that file and see how many places it occurs.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

I did. It shows up 3-time. Once in the PK70 example for IDE v2.7.1. Once in the PK70 example for IDE v7.2.3. And once in the project I imported into IDE v2.7.4 from v2.7.3. I don't know why it's in the original project, because it's not used or needed. But it compiles without error in v2.7.3. But none of this explains why it there in the first place.
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

I have a pk70 with the xilinx blade board. That is the only place that file occurs. The file is not created automatically. Do you have the xilinx blade board? Did you import the xilinx example?
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

No, I don't have a Blade board and I've never imported the PK70 example project. The first line of the file says that it's "autogenerated". Doesn't that mean it's automatically created? First line of the file:

/*Autogenerated data file */

It's put subdirectory Release/Images. That not a directory I've ever created, so the compiler must be doing it.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

Doing some more rummaging around in Eclipse, I found in Project->Properties->C/C++ Build->Tool Chain Editor a
list of "Used tools". One of the used tools is "FPGA Promgen". My guess is that this is the tool that is creating the
XilinxImage.cpp file and the cause of my problem.

I clicked on the "Select Tools" button to edit which tools to use, but it won't let me remove any of the tools on the "Used
tools" list. I can add tools, just not remove them.

Am I on the right track, and if so, how do I edit the "Used tools" list?

Update: There is checkbox in the Tool Chain Editor that you have to check in order to edit the tool chain list. I checked it and removed "FPGA Promgen" from the "Used tools" list. It didn't help. I still get the same Build Error, Generated Resource Conflict.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

There is a project subdirectory that contains bit-map files (.bmp) and Adobe Illustrator files we use on our display.
Apparently Eclipse thinks these files form an FPGA data file and creates XilinxImage.cpp from them. When I remove
that directory from the build, it compiles without error.