Build Error

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
SeeCwriter

Build Error

Post by SeeCwriter »

I open Eclipse this morning, click "Clean Project" then click "Build Project", which I do many times a day, only now I get the following error:

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
Build error
Generated resource conflict:
two resources of the same name: /ExpansionController/Release/Archives/V019/ExpansionController.s19
generated by different tools
tool1: GNU ELF Objcopy
tool2: GNU ELF Objcopy

First, the path shown does not exist. There are two paths:

/ExpansionController/Release
/ExpansionController/Archives/V019

Second, the file listed is not in either directory.

How do I resolve this?

The IDE is version 2.7.3
rnixon

Re: Build Error

Post by rnixon »

Maybe two sets of gnu tools? Have you installed/updated any other software since the last time?
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

No, no software was installed or updated. I left work Friday night with it working, returned Tuesday
morning with it not working.

In rummaging around Eclipse, I found a "Remove from Build" option on the pop-up menu. So I selected the Archive
directory under the project directory, right-clicked on it and selected "Remove from Build". Now it compiles.
I've been working on this project for about a year, updated the IDE a few times over that time, and never had
this problem. Why now? (rhetorical)

Thanks
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Looks like your fixed it.

Just to clarify, NBEclipse will attempt to build anything it knows how to build under the project folder. In your case, it knows how to build $(projectName).s19 to turn it into an _APP.s19 for loading on to the device. In your project, you had two identical $(projectName).s19 files; NBEclipse assumes there will only be 1 file with this name. Your solution to manually ignore your archive folder is probably best. Alternatively, you could move your archives outside of the project directory.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn