OMG, What is it always so hard to upgrade the NNDK?

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
CodyWilson

Re: OMG, What is it always so hard to upgrade the NNDK?

Post by CodyWilson »

rnixon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:08 pm I think this test shows it is an issue with the env vars. When you set them in a command prompt window, they are only valid for that command prompt window. So when eclipse runs they must not be the same. I would compare what you see in setenv.bat to what your windows environment vars are set to, then make them match. On my win 7 machine when I type "environment variables" in the windows start menu search programs box, it pops up a link to set the system environment variables.
You're right. I had a similar problem (although not with upgrading, but) with environmental variables. Variables provided values in the command prompt lose their values as soon as the command prompt is closed. It took me a lot of time to locate this problem.
PaulWood

Post by PaulWood »

CodyWilson wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am
rnixon wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:08 pm I think this test shows it is an issue with the env vars. When you set them in a command prompt window, they are only valid for that command prompt window. So when eclipse runs they must not be the same. I would compare what you see in setenv.bat to what your windows environment vars are set to, then make them match. On my win 7 machine when I type "environment variables" in the windows start menu search programs box, it pops up a link to set the system environment variables.
You're right. I had a similar problem (although not with upgrading, but) with environmental variables. Variables provided values in the command prompt lose their values as soon as the command prompt is closed. It took me a lot of time to locate this problem.
Yep, if you assign values to the variables in the command prompt, the variables can retain their values only till the command prompt is not closed. I too faced this problem once.
johnyjackson

Post by johnyjackson »

when eclipse runs they must not be the same. I would compare what you see in setenv.bat to what your windows environment vars are set to, then make them match.