OMG, What is it always so hard to upgrade the NNDK?

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
Mark

OMG, What is it always so hard to upgrade the NNDK?

Post by Mark »

Hello,

I have just tried to upgrade to 2.7.3 BETA, from 2.6.3. I created a blank project for the MOD5282, rebuild the system files, no luck. I went down to 2.7.1, created a blank project for the MOD5282, rebuild the system files, no luck. I'm guessing that it is a PATH error, but I forget what might have to been done to get this to work.

HELP!

Here are the errors:

rm -f ./ucosmcfa.od ./software_init.od ./ucosmcfc.od ./ucos.od ./ucosflags.od ./debugtrap.od ./ucosmain.od ./fileio.od ./md5c.od ./system.od ./userparam.od ./librarystubs.od ./aes.od ./itoa.od ./tzsetchar.od ./sha1.od ./main.od ./utils.od ./ip.od ./buffers.od ./arp.od ./dns.od ./udp.od ./udpsocket.od ./tftp.od ./ftp.od ./ftpd.od ./filepost.od ./StreamUpdate.od ./tcp.od ./extraio.od ./httppass.od ./http.od ./httpinternal.od ./httpstricmp.od ./htmldecomp.od ./htmlwritefile.od ./htmlvarplaceholder.od ./iosys.od ./multicast.od ./mailto.od ./new_ops.od ./ppp.od ./ahdlc.od ./command.od ./autoip.od ./dhcpc.od ./dhcpd.od ./dhcpd_prefix.od ./dhcpd_standard.od ./pop3.od ./random.od ./tcpupdate.od ./defappname.od ./netrx.od ./nbtime.od ./ntpclient.od ./vjhc.od ./wifisetup.od ./netinterface.od ./multiconfig.od ./taskmon.od ./smarttrap.od ./autoupdate.od ./device.od ./base64.od ./syslog.od ./qspiShared.od ./sdShared.od ./netbios.od ./SendUdpFragment.od ./convert.od ./sdio.od ./sdioBus.od ./sdioBusSpiMode.od ./netDevice.od ./atcommand.od ./wifi.od ./release_tag.od ./release_tagdata.od ./IrqStdio.od ./init.od ./initWithWeb.od ./nbfloatprint.od ./nbiprintf.od ./nbprintf.od ./nbsiprintf.od ./nbsprintf.od ./fdiprintf.od ./fdprintf.od ./websocket_server.od ./websocket_handler.od
rm -f NetBurnerdepend.mk
ucos.c:2:20: error: predef.h: No such file or directory
ucosmain.c:6:20: error: predef.h: No such file or directory
ucosmain.c:8:22: error: includes.h: No such file or directory
ucosmain.c:9:21: error: cfinter.h: No such file or directory
ucosmain.c:10:23: error: constants.h: No such file or directory
ucosmain.c:11:19: error: iosys.h: No such file or directory
ucosmain.c:12:17: error: bsp.h: No such file or directory
librarystubs.c:1:20: error: predef.h: No such file or directory
librarystubs.c:2:22: error: includes.h: No such file or directory
main.c:34:20: error: predef.h: No such file or directory
m68k-elf-gcc -m5200 -MM ucosmcfc.c ucos.c ucosflags.c debugtrap.c ucosmain.c fileio.c md5c.c system.c userparam.c librarystubs.c aes.c itoa.c tzsetchar.c sha1.c main.c -I"/nburn/include" -I"/nburn/MOD5282/include" -DMOD5282 -DMCF5282 >>NetBurnerdepend.mk
m68k-elf-as -m5206e software_init.s -o software_init.o
ucosmcfc.c: In function 'TopOfStackKillfunction':
ucosmcfc.c:198: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'OSTCBInit'
rm ucosmcfa.o
rnixon

Re: OMG, What is it always so hard to upgrade the NNDK?

Post by rnixon »

I've never had a problem updating as long as I renamed my previous c:\nburn directory (eg c:\nburn2p6p3), then did a clean install to c:\nburn. From the output it looks like you are in a \nburn directory. A quick test to see if it is a path related issue:

If you look in c:\nburn, do you see all the folders and files such as \nburn\include, \nburn\system, \nburn\MOD5282?

Open a command prompt window
Go to c:\nburn
Run setenv.bat so set the env vars for that session
Run "make clean" followed by "make"

What is the output
Mark

Post by Mark »

Indeed, I renamed the original ./nburn directory and performed a fresh install. I also rebooted the machine. The Eclipse and Netburner components work fine and my projects compile, SO LONG as I don't attempt to Rebuild All System Files. Once I attempt this step everything goes to shit and I have to reinstall.

If you look in c:\nburn, do you see all the folders and files such as \nburn\include, \nburn\system, \nburn\MOD5282?

YES

Open a command prompt window
Go to c:\nburn
Run setenv.bat so set the env vars for that session
Run "make clean" followed by "make"
What is the output

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED IMAGE
Attachments
CmdWindow.png
CmdWindow.png (46.79 KiB) Viewed 13666 times
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

Sorry Mark, I didn't fully specify the directory to run make in. It should be c:\nburn\system (not just c:\nburn).
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yup, I should have known that too! Here is the output (see attached)
Attachments
Cmd.png
Cmd.png (104.45 KiB) Viewed 13663 times
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

Ok, 2 questions:
1. Did you run \nburn\setenv.bat before you went to \nburn\system and ran make?
2. If it still says it can't find \nburn\include\predef.h, do you see predef.h there is you look with windows explorer?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ok, my bad. Re-ran the setenv.bat then dug into /system and ran the make clean and make, it look like it completed successfully. No I can properly compile again in Eclipse.

Question - Why doesn't the Rebuild All System Files work correctly under Eclipse.
Attachments
Cmd.png
Cmd.png (107.14 KiB) Viewed 13654 times
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

I think this test shows it is an issue with the env vars. When you set them in a command prompt window, they are only valid for that command prompt window. So when eclipse runs they must not be the same. I would compare what you see in setenv.bat to what your windows environment vars are set to, then make them match. On my win 7 machine when I type "environment variables" in the windows start menu search programs box, it pops up a link to set the system environment variables.
Vizer

Post by Vizer »

What about Windows 10 though?
Last edited by Vizer on Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Arydigital

Post by Arydigital »

Sorry Mark, I didn't fully specify the directory to run make in. It should be c:\nburn\system (not just c:\nburn).

Badnaam full Episodes here: https://www.arydigital.tv/videos/category/badnaam/