Launching failure

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
SeeCwriter

Launching failure

Post by SeeCwriter »

I get error ""Launching myapp has encountered a problem." Followed by message: "An internal error occurred during: Launching myapp. String index out of range: 0"

I have no idea where to go with that.

I'm using v2.7.0 of the IDE on Win7, with a NANO54415. Compiled in Debug mode. I can see the Nano in the NBFind frame of Eclipse, and have it selected. Click on the green bug to load the app and error.

Steve
rnixon

Re: Launching failure

Post by rnixon »

Have you ever been able to compile with the code set? Just wondering if your using java 64 or 32
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

Not sure what you mean by "code set", but I can compile my application and the example programs. I'm using Java Standard Edition, version 8 update 31. The about dialog doesn't say whether it's 32 or 64 bit.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

I opened the Debug Configuration dialog and filled in the IP address of the Nano since it was blank. Then I clicked
the "Debug" button. This time the program appears to have loaded, but Eclipse didn't change to debug mode. I opened
MTTTY Serial to look for output. After a short time the screen fills with message: *** Error Addr: xxxx, where xxxx is a
constantly changing numeric value. The messages are just flying by. I tried clicking on the green bug to reload the program
and hopefully get Eclipse into debug mode. But now I get a "Timed out" message and nothing loaded.

There is no FactoryDemo program for the Nano as there is for the MODXXX modules. So I tried loading the DSPI2Serial example, which I used on the Nano Dev kit. Now I'm back to the Launching error. "Launching DSPI2Serial has encountered a
problem. An internal error occurred during: Launching DSPI2Serial"
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

Eclipse launches autoupdate.exe to do the download. Something in your system is blocking that. Could be a firewall setting. That is why I was asking if you could ever do it successfully in the past. Try running autoupdate by itself outside of eclipse and see if it works.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

Yes, I have run several example programs on the Nano Dev kit. I'm not using the Dev Kit now, I'm using our new board.
Autoupdate does not find the Nano. I believe the Nano is bricked. Perhaps it can be recovered via the serial interface.
I'm looking through the docs to find how to use it to reprogram the Nano.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

I downloaded an example program to the Nano via MTTTY. Autoupdate now finds the board.

However, when I click on the green bug to download and run a debug version of my app, I get message: "Unable to
Launch. The selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches."
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

Apparently, if there's nothing to compile the download doesn't work. Once I changed the file and then clicked the green
bug, it compile and downloaded. But Eclipse never switched to debug mode. What's it take to get Eclipse into debug mode?
The manual seemed to suggest that clicking the green bug was all that's required.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

So I shut everything done and went lunch. Came back and powered everything back up, clicked the green bug again,
interestingly autoupdate opened and successfully downloaded the app even without a compile. Nothing like consistency.
Eclipse still doesn't go into debug mode, at least that is consistent. But now I get an error in the Console pane that says:
"localhost:2159: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Perhaps someone at NB could compile all these error messages in a manual to explain what they mean. Seems every time I
try to run I get a different and obscure error message.
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

So, thought I'd try a different example program, so I selected the MinimalApp. It's one I haven't tried before. I created an
empty project and imported it. Did a release build and download and it worked. Next I added the following to usermain():

#ifndef _DEBUG
EnableSmartTraps();
#endif
#ifdef _DEBUG
InitializeNetworkGDB_and_Wait();
#endif

and

#include <NetworkDebug.h>

to the include file list.

Changed the configuration build to "Debug", clicked the green bug, it compiled without errors, autoupdate ran but timed out
and was never able to download the app. I'm back to the "Launching" error. "Launching MinimalApp has encounter a
problem."

Is there some other secret I'm missing to get debug to work?