NNDK Update; Serial Numbers

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
k1mgy

NNDK Update; Serial Numbers

Post by k1mgy »

Just getting back into using Netburner tools after various diversions. As have application that would be perfect for simplicity of SB70LC and possibly 5270, pulled these from storage.

Issues:

1. Tried to download latest SDK. "Support expired". Had to dig out old saved SDK binary. Strike 1
2. Tried to install SDK. "Enter serial numbers". Sh*t! Where are they? On old boxes. Finally found three in an old email, but I have a MOD5270 that needs one. Are these numbers somewhere on the boards or hidden in flash? Strike 2

Waiting for strike 3. Not a good re-start.

Please advise how I might update the SDK and find serial numbers.
pbreed

Re: NNDK Update; Serial Numbers

Post by pbreed »

The NNDK serial numbers are of the form Platform:xxxxxxxxxxxxx ie SB70:888812345678

They are not the board serial numbers.

If you used a serial number to register for support is should be in your support account.

To access the latest releases and beta's You can renew support for a year for $99.00
BBAdmin
Site Admin

Post by BBAdmin »

You should always be able to log into your support account to view serial numbers and past support tickets. So your MOD5270 and SB70LC serial numbers should be there. If for some reason you cannot find them please contact sales@netburner.com.

The only support charges are for getting new releases, and for direct engineering support. As mentioned previously, its $99 per year.

Hopefully now that you have your old install file, and access to the serial numbers, you can get everything installed. If not, let us know directly and we will help you.
k1mgy

Post by k1mgy »

I only see three SN's and I have 5 units. I'll write to the sales address.

As for re-installing the tools, at least we should be able to download the version that came with our product. A windows crash (happens too often) and re-install means without the tools I'm SOL.

/m
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

k1mgy, this comment isn't meant to challenge you in any way. This is a topic I feel strongly about and would like to make a general statement to anyone that reads this thread in case they find it helpful.

Whenever I develop anything of value, whether a hobby project or a product for sale, I always put the tools, key codes, and the source code in some type of version control or backup scheme. This can be as simple as a folder on my hard drive with an appropriate name for personal projects, or a GIT repository for company projects. What happens if my computer crashes? Carbonite is $59 per YEAR. Backs up everything, no data limit for personal. I have had crashes and it works great for recovery. This enables me to build the project exactly as before. In many projects I make changes to the system files, so downloading a clean copy of the tools wouldn't work.

I also have a folder that holds a copy of any software I purchase that I download, along with the install serial number. Got bit on the last crash for things like the full version of Adobe Acrobat that I use for documentation. There are many more. As you might guess, getting the old version of acrobat and my serial number Adobe didn't go so well. An $$$ mistake.
k1mgy

Post by k1mgy »

I appreciate what you say. Agreed, and I had done this, but not well enough. All my SN's were stored in an Evernote database. When they changed versions they did not have backwards compatible format (talk about dumb) nor a converter. So I'm stuck with old data I can't access anymore. I refused to store online due to unencrypted transfer and useless server storage encryption.

Switched to SPB Wallet and a paper copy backup!
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

>I only see three SN's and I have 5 units. I'll write to the sales address.

Did you buy 5 development kits, or 3 development kits and 2 extra modules?

The software install serial numbers are with development kits only.

You do not get a software install serial number with a module hardware purchase.