Console output not appearing

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
Eikon

Console output not appearing

Post by Eikon »

This is probably a stupid question but I am new to the netburner and embedded programming in general so please bear with me. I am starting from a fresh netburner project template which has DHCP, AutoUpdate, and Network Debugging enabled. I am able to launch the program in debug mode and have confirmed it is running properly on the device via breakpoints. My issue is that in the template created, there is a line:

Code: Select all

iprintf("Application started\n");
that I assumed was supposed to output that message to the console in Eclipse, but this message never appears in any console whether launched as run or debug. I tried using the "Display Selected Console" button on the console tab itself to select through the four different consoles but I don't see the output there either. I have tried placing the iprintf statement inside my while loop so that it should output repeatedly, and have breakpointed while in the loop to confirm the line is getting executed but still no output is seen. I'm guessing this is something really simple I'm missing with an IDE setting. Thanks for your help
sulliwk06

Re: Console output not appearing

Post by sulliwk06 »

That will print "Application started" through the standard output, which will be a serial port or the usb port. You will need to use a program like mttty to open a serial connection there. There might be a way to link mttty into that console output on eclipse, but I don't know it.
Eikon

Re: Console output not appearing

Post by Eikon »

I got it working with a serial cable and mttty, thank you!