Cannot open directory: [..\html]

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

Hi,

I'm following the instructions in the NBEclipsGettingStarted.pdf to start a new project and import an example. In my case I import the SB70 example. So far so good but when the import is ready it start compiling and building automatically. However the build is stopped due to errors. At build a directory can't be opend: Cannot open directory: [..\html] when reading files from ..\html and compressing them into htmldata.cpp.

I have admin rights but it looks like the builder can't access the directory.

Does anybody have an idea of seen this before and solved this? I searched the forum on topic "Cannot open directory" but the items were too common.

Code: Select all

**** Rebuild of configuration Release for project SB70FactoryDemo ****

m68k-elf-g++ -mcpu=5208 -O2 -gdwarf-2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -IC:\Nburn\include -IC:\Nburn\SB70\include -IC:\Nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -falign-functions=4 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -DSB70 -DNBMINGW ..\SB70App\main.cpp -oSB70App\main.o
m68k-elf-g++ -mcpu=5208 -O2 -gdwarf-2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -IC:\Nburn\include -IC:\Nburn\SB70\include -IC:\Nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -falign-functions=4 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -DSB70 -DNBMINGW ..\SB70App\formtools.cpp -oSB70App\formtools.o
m68k-elf-gcc -mcpu=5208 -O2 -gdwarf-2 -IC:\Nburn\include -IC:\Nburn\SB70\include -IC:\Nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -falign-functions=4 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -DSB70 -DNBMINGW ..\SB70App\fucosdmp.c -oSB70App\fucosdmp.o
comphtml ..\html -ohtmldata.cpp
Reading files from ..\html and compressing them into htmldata.cpp
Result counts = 1 total_ends :1
0 bytes out of 0 original encode out of 0 total original 
m68k-elf-g++ -mcpu=5208 -O2 -gdwarf-2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -IC:\Nburn\include -IC:\Nburn\SB70\include -IC:\Nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -falign-functions=4 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -DSB70 -DNBMINGW htmldata.cpp -ohtmldata.o
m68k-elf-g++ -mcpu=5208 -O2 -gdwarf-2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -IC:\Nburn\include -IC:\Nburn\SB70\include -IC:\Nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -falign-functions=4 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -DSB70 -DNBMINGW ..\SB70App\configweb.cpp -oSB70App\configweb.o
m68k-elf-g++ -mcpu=5208 -O2 -gdwarf-2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -IC:\Nburn\include -IC:\Nburn\SB70\include -IC:\Nburn\gcc-m68k\m68k-elf\include -falign-functions=4 -Wall -Wno-write-strings -c -fmessage-length=0 -DSB70 -DNBMINGW ..\SB70App\SB70MibFile.cpp -oSB70App\SB70MibFile.o
m68k-elf-g++ -mcpu=5208 -Wl -Wl,-n -TC:\Nburn\SB70\lib\SB70.ld -Wl,-RC:\Nburn\SB70\lib\sys.ld -Wl,-Map=SB70FactoryDemo.map SB70App\main.o SB70App\fucosdmp.o SB70App\formtools.o SB70App\configweb.o SB70App\SB70MibFile.o htmldata.o -Wl,--start-group,C:\Nburn\lib\SB70.a C:\Nburn\lib\NetBurner.a -Wl,--end-group -oSB70FactoryDemo.elf
C:\Nburn\lib\NetBurner.a(htmldecomp.o): In function `SendHtml(int, char*, int, char const*)':
C:\release\nburn\system/htmldecomp.cpp:175: undefined reference to `html_table'
C:\release\nburn\system/htmldecomp.cpp:179: undefined reference to `html_table'
C:\Nburn\lib\NetBurner.a(htmldecomp.o): In function `GetRecordFromName(char*)':
C:\release\nburn\system/htmldecomp.cpp:87: undefined reference to `file_record'
C:\release\nburn\system/htmldecomp.cpp:85: undefined reference to `n_file_record'
C:\release\nburn\system/htmldecomp.cpp:94: undefined reference to `file_record'
C:\release\nburn\system/htmldecomp.cpp:85: undefined reference to `file_record'
C:\release\nburn\system/htmldecomp.cpp:94: undefined reference to `file_record'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build error occured, build is stopped
Screen.JPG
Screen.JPG (173.29 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
Kind regards, sb70koll
Simplicity is my middle name - Danny Glover - Predator II
rnixon

Re: Cannot open directory: [..\html]

Post by rnixon »

Are you sure you selected that directory with a checkbox when you did the import? Other than that, the only thing I can think of is a permissions problem. You could also try the app wizard and see if it can create the directly for you just as a test.
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

Hi,

Thanks you for spending time on this problem. I'm working with an old Netwburner SB70 SDK Rel22_rc2 on a Windows 7 64-bits machine. I have some problems with this SDK. To check if the problem is the Window 7 64-bit machine I took my old Windows XP-SP3 32-bits machine as user Administrator and do the same thing as on the Window 7 machine. So far I can tell that this XP machine does have the same behaviour. That means that or the SDK has a problem or I am consistent in making the same error. I hope I'm the problem! :)

I used the AppWizard and saw that there is a HTML directory made in the App directory. That is what I also see when I import the example App SB70 from the example directory.

I have made some screen caps on the XP machine and are as follow. As far as I can see the HTML directory is present.

Any idea?
the import view
the import view
import.png (23.87 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
the project view
the project view
projects.png (27.06 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
The winexplorer view
The winexplorer view
tree.png (13.11 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
Kind regards, sb70koll
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

I just uninstalled SDK Rel22_rc2 on XP 32-bits and user account with admin rights and installed it again under Administrator. In the end the same story. I cannot open directory ..\html.

Strange thing is I don't know what the directory above is ..\ the info is very brief.
Kind regards, sb70koll
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

Gotcha. When you import the sb70 example the html directory is placed in SB70App. One level too deep. The Appwizard did it! It showed it had to move one level up.

Thank you rnixon.
solved.png
solved.png (28.25 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
Kind regards, sb70koll