USB Driver for DEV kit...

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
Zonker

USB Driver for DEV kit...

Post by Zonker »

I have a MOD-DEV-70CR board and need to learn how to program Netburner MOD54415 modules with it...
The firmware has been already finished by another engineer several years ago and I just need a way to flash it into the SOM boards...
The PC I have is a Win 7 machine so I need the USB driver for the Silicon labs CP2102 IC... I found one and installed it... Still... No go...
Also, Is there a step-by-step procedure that I can follow for programming the SOM's...?? I am a engineering tech and just need some guidance..!!

Thanks in advance for any help with this..!! :)
TomNB

Re: USB Driver for DEV kit...

Post by TomNB »

Hello,

You do not need a usb connection to upload the software, it is normally done through the autoupdate windows utility. Since this is a custom application written by someone at your company, and only they know how it operates, the best solution would be to have them provide you with:
1. The autoupdate utility and instructions particular to your hardware and software design
2. The USB driver in case you need it or want to monitory the status port. The driver is part of the tools installation, and located at: \nburn\USBDriver.

Do you have any way to contact the developer?
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

Much thanks Tom for helping me out with this..!!

I have a copy of the "Autoupdate" software but not sure how to use it.... I assume it involves talking to the SOM over the Ethernet connection... Is there a "default" net address you use to make the connection..?? If you could show me the "step by step" procedure of how to do it, that would be awesome... I have the firmware file I need to send to the SOM... Hopefully with you help, I can get this done..!! :)
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

Ok... I think I found the "work instruction" for this... Thanks Tom for responding to my request... :)