No communication with SBL2e X

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
ju7842

No communication with SBL2e X

Post by ju7842 »

I purchased three SBL2eX-100IR serial to ethernet devices about a year or so ago. I got one to work a while back when I needed it. Now I need another one, but I cant establish communication with either of the two remaining units over the network. These are new units out of the box. Netburner IPSetup v2.5 or AutoUpdate v 2.4 wont find the device on the IP network (192.168.1.x/24) . Both LEDs are green on the SBL2e X Ethernet jack when the ethernet cable is plugged in. The only devices on the network are the PC (Windows 10) and the SBL2e X. Any help appreciated, thanks.
TomNB

Re: No communication with SBL2e X

Post by TomNB »

Just to confirm your description, your pc and the sbl2e are on a standard network with a dhcp server? If not, and your connected directly to the sbl2e with a cross-over cable, you should try the standard network setup with dhcp server.

It could also be that your pc's firewall is blocking ipsetup
ju7842

Post by ju7842 »

Yes, at first I tried it on a regular network with a DHCP server, and neither of the SBL2eX devices were detected by AutoUpdate or IPSetup, but there were four other devices that were detected- these were MOD-5272 devices. So then I went to a single PC isolated setup with the SBL2eX, because I remember in the past having problems with detecting multiple netburner devices on a single network.

I tried again on a single PC with a crossover cable but AutoUpdate or IPSetup would not recognize the device. I dont think its a firewall issue because with this setup a MOD5272 card is detected and recognized. I also ran a network scan (192.168.1.0/24) scanning for port 80 but no open port was detected

Does the SBL2eX initially require a DHCP server? Does it have a default IP address and network mask? Can I program it thru the serial port? Thanks for your help.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

If running our factory serial to ethernet application (and not your own custom), unless someone changes the configuration, the default is dhcp. Have you tried the "legacy" checkbox in IPSetup?
ju7842

Post by ju7842 »

Yes I am using the factory serial to Ethernet application. Yes I have checked the 'Legacy' checkbox on discovery attempts. I will try to take it home and test it with that DHCP server and with only one netburner device, maybe its a duplicate ip address problem.
ju7842

Post by ju7842 »

I took the two SBL2eX's home over the weekend and tried them on my home network with a DHCP server and only handful of other active devices (no other netburner devices) and IPSetup recognized them right away with no problems. I programmed them both to have a static IP and took them back to work and then they were recognized by IPSetup. Not sure why the would not get DHCP addresses at work. Thanks for your replies. :D