MOD54415 serial port not working properly

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
mhyun

MOD54415 serial port not working properly

Post by mhyun »

I'm not sure what exactly I did but the serial port on my MOD54415 is spewing garbage like this now:
~ff`f~xfx~~~~~怘xf~f~fx`fxxf~f~fx`fxfx`fxf~xx`~xf怘`fxxffxf怆~~xx`~xff~`x`fxfx~f~x怘~xf怘`f~怘~f~f~f~怘`fxxffxxf怆~~xx`~xff~`x`fxfx~f~怘~怘`f~怘~f~f~f~怘`f``~f`fff~ff~xfxx怘fffxf怘~ffff怘~fx`fxfxf怘~f`fxf怘f~~ff~fx~f~ff怘~fx~~ffx`~~f怘ff~ffff~`fx`~f~ffx`f`fxf怘`ffxff怘؆~~f~ff`f`fff怘
I'm running the same application on another module on the same serial port, terminal settings, etc. and that seems to be fine so I think the problem is specific to the affected module. Does anyone have any ideas on how to possibly fix this?
mhyun

Re: MOD54415 serial port not working properly

Post by mhyun »

Ok, I just discovered that the resulting baud rate of the port seems to be different than the number I entered into the SimpleOpenSerial() call. Strange.
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

Is it possible that this is the boot port and it defaults to 115K baud?

And your openserial was a differnt speed?

So your seeing the 115K baund until your application does the open?
mhyun

Post by mhyun »

I think this is happening because I unwittingly installed a bootloader for the MOD54417 on the 415. Do you know if there's a way I could reinstall the correct one?
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

Changing the boot loader should not be possible. It is in write protected memory separate from the parallel flash used for your application, which is the only flash you can write to.
mhyun

Post by mhyun »

Well, would it be possible to provide a method to revert the bootloader anyway?
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

That something that would have to be done at the factory. However, I am still curious as to why you think you reprogrammed it. Exactly what occurred that makes you think that happened?