MOD-DEV-100 rev 1.02 Docs

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
Sockalaminski

MOD-DEV-100 rev 1.02 Docs

Post by Sockalaminski »

I pulled my dev board out to use on a solar project and seem to have misplaced my book.
In the downloads section, I found the docs for the older rev 1.02 dev board aren't available. Is there a link to the older dev book and schematics?
TomNB

Re: MOD-DEV-100 rev 1.02 Docs

Post by TomNB »

Hello,

Are you certain of that revision? Rev 1.09 came out in 2008. I can't locate any docs for rev 1.02. If you mean 1.12, then that is the current release. The changes between 1.12 and any earlier rev are:
• Replaced SD card connector due to discontinued component.
• Replaced real time clock to NXP PCF8563TD-T due to discontinued part. NNDK tools release 2.2 rc2 and later will automatically detect the RTC and use the proper interface, so no code changes are necessary.
• Removed 5VDC linear regulator for A/D used by Mod5282
• Power supply input range increased to 4.5 – 35 VDC
• Added more space between LEDs for better readability
• Add USB mini connector that can be used for power and serial communications.
Sockalaminski

Post by Sockalaminski »

Ya, I'm sure on the version. I've had it sitting in a box on the shelf for years. I had actually forgotten I had it until I ran across it looking for a serial cable adapter in my closet. When I saw it, I thought it would be perfect to build an enhanced replacement my failed solar system controller.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

My guess would be that is from 2001. You should be able to use the 1.12 schematic, ignore the flash card SPI connections, and not the changes I posted. I wouldn't guess that version board would do much more than supply power, RS-232 level shifters for uart0 and 1, and the connections to the Xilinx part. Those would be the same as the current version. Which module are you using with it?
Sockalaminski

Post by Sockalaminski »

The jumpers seem to be different as well from what I have noticed. I'm using the MOD5282. I ran into another issue which would be the licensing. I never did register this thing and since I have no docs, CD or serial number card that I can find, it looks as though it will be too costly to purchase a license to do what I want to with it. I'll probably just throw it back in the junk box and go with a PI or Audrino. I'm only plan on using 3 inputs and two outputs with a 4x20 LCD sceen. Thanks for your input.
TomNB

Post by TomNB »

You are welcome. Just a note that one of our latest platforms, the MOD54415, has A/D, D/A, 32MB Flash, 64MB DDR2, and much more processing power. The complete kit with software and hardware is $129. We also have a MOD5270 kit for $99. More than a PI, just noting that since back in 2001 the 5282 kit you purchased was $299.