NBEclipse with Flex/ FlashBuilder 4.0

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
barttech

NBEclipse with Flex/ FlashBuilder 4.0

Post by barttech »

Hi,
I've downloaded FlashBuilder 4.0 which is the latest Flex development environment. It is an Eclipse-based setup, using Ganymede. Currently I'm having to work this way, with both NB and FlashBuilder (FB) Eclipses running, with separate workspaces:
1) Write/fix some code in FB Eclipse,
2) Save in FB with "Build Automatically"
3) Copy swf file to NBEclipse workspace,
4) Clean the NB Eclipse project (just hitting and deleting a key in main.cpp to force a "Build Automatically" doesn't seem to be sufficient.)
5) Load/Run the NB project

This works, but is slow, especially the NB Clean (I keep getting distracted by other things while waiting and forget where I was). And if I forget to copy the swf file I have to go back and repeat parts.

I don't mind switching between the two Eclipses, but would having these in one instance of Eclipse eliminate the copying step, or esp the Clean? If so, I couldn't see how to get FB into the NB Eclipse, so could I get FB Eclipse Ganymede to support NB? Is there an App Note on how to do this (I have looked)?

Is there a way to get the new swf file built into the *.app w/o doing a Clean?

Possibly unrelated: Why does a Clean take 60 seconds? A build with one file changed takes about 10 seconds. I've moved the archived files out of the workspace, it had been building them as well each time, but I think it is just doing the one project now.

NBEclipse Rel23_RC7, Adobe Flashbuilder 4.0 Premium beta, XP
Thanks!
Sam
seulater

Re: NBEclipse with Flex/ FlashBuilder 4.0

Post by seulater »

Right click on your project and click refresh. THis is what i do and works just fine for me.
Maybe there is somthing strange going on with your setup. I would allot with Flex and NB open at the same time and both are not slow for me.

Got enough ram ;)
barttech

Post by barttech »

Thanks,
The refresh seems to usually work, but doesn't always catch it.
I think 'enough RAM' is one of those things like being "too rich", but I've got 4GB, so I don't think that is the problem. Probably a virus checker getting too enthusiastic; my smaller, slower laptop Cleans much quicker.
seulater

Post by seulater »

The refresh seems to usually work, but doesn't always catch it.
Huh, never misses a beat for me. when i get done with mt Flex app and then export it to a temp directory. i then copy it to my NBurn project / HTML directory. Then i go to NB Eclipse and right click on the project, click refresh and it detects there is a change and re-compiles. Works every time for me.

I too have 4GB of ram, so thats not the problem. I dont know what else to suggest, maybe someone else can chime in and offer something for ya.