MOD54415 Reaction Time Timer

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
amaier17

MOD54415 Reaction Time Timer

Post by amaier17 »

I'm trying to capture my reaction time using external hardware (LEDs and a keypad). I was using the uCOS provided TimeTick variable however my accuracy is limited by the TICKS_PER_SECOND with this method. Is there an easy way to get two times in microseconds like the gettimeofday function in C?
roland.ames

Re: MOD54415 Reaction Time Timer

Post by roland.ames »

High Resolution Timer, is described in "NetBurnerRuntimeLibraries.pdf".
amaier17

Post by amaier17 »

Thanks! That API is really easy. There's also a demo located in .../examples/utils/HiResTimerDemo
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

Anyone got any suggestions for how to make things easier to find/more obvious with regards to utilities/examples? This has to be the twentieth or so thread with regards to timing problems that's been answered with "Have you heard of the HiResTimer?"... (Not your fault amaier!)

I'm seriously considering making a sticky thread for FAQ type stuff.
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
Chris Ruff

Post by Chris Ruff »

Extremely good idea.

The kinds of FAQs should be the hi-res timer, where file date/time comes from and works, how comphtml and web controls, variables works, why and how TICKS_PER_SECOND, how and why tasks need to either block with system calls or use OSTimeDly, what the standard used tasks are, there are many more...

Chris
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand
tod

Post by tod »

The wiki FAQ page seems like it would be ideal for this. Does the wiki (or wiki FAQ page) get mentioned in the getting started documentation that goes out with a dev kit? The FAQ page on the wiki could probably use a face lift. I did notice the WIKI FAQ does get prominent positioning on the NetBurner site.