MOD54415 DAC example

Post your example source code and application notes to share with others
BBAdmin
Site Admin

MOD54415 DAC example

Post by BBAdmin »

This example demonstrates simple DAC output capability and the advanced waveform output capability. Tested with tools release 2.6.
Attachments
MOD54414-DAC.zip
(3.56 KiB) Downloaded 804 times
Lachlanp

Re: MOD54415 DAC example

Post by Lachlanp »

This example refers to a function and pin definition that does not apear in the example

J2[36].function( PINJ2_36_T0OUT );

Can anyone tell me where this function and pin definition is?

Regards
Lachlan
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

Um... I'm not sure I understand your question. I think you're confused by the PinIO class and the pinconstants macros. If that's the case, then take a look at 'pins.h' in the system include directory (nburn/include) and 'pinconstants.h' in the platform include directory (nburn/MOD5441X/include).
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
amaier17

Post by amaier17 »

Can anyone confirm that this example works? I'm not getting output on my DAC0 line for the simple ramping output.

I can follow along with your initialization sequence and it seems correct and close to what I attempted, however I haven't had any success. For the analog reference voltage I simply connected J2[2] (VCC) to J2[5].

Thanks for any help!
Andrew
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

Hmm... That's interesting. I just ran the example on my board and it behaves exactly as expected. Two things I'll note are:

1) The example says that DAC0 is J2[36]. This is incorrect. J2[36] is DTOUT0, the timer output. DAC0 is J2[9].
2) You should also connect VSSA_DAC_ADC to ground; J2[14] to J2[1]. This is the ground reference pin for the analog module.

Do either of these help?

-Dan
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
amaier17

Post by amaier17 »

I actually never ran the second (timer generation) section. But I have J2[1] connected to J2[14], J2[2] -> J2[5], and my oscilloscope hooked up to J2[9] and J2[1] (gnd).

I just tried using DAC1 (and J2[13]) instead of DAC0 without success. I'm going to try one of my other boards and I'll let you know if that fixes anything.

**UPDATE

It appeared to be the board I was using. The demo works properly on another board.

Thanks for your help!
Whiteurka

Post by Whiteurka »

dciliske wrote:Hmm... That's interesting. I just ran the example on my board and it behaves exactly as expected. Two things I'll note are:

1) The example says that DAC0 is J2[36]. This is incorrect. J2[36] is DTOUT0, the timer output. DAC0 is J2[9].
2) You should also connect VSSA_DAC_ADC to ground; J2[14] to J2[1]. This is the ground reference pin for the analog module.

Do either of these help?

-Dan

i will help i hope. it actually made my work about to be completed and hopefully if there is still an issue what you shared is something that i have to apply. i will post mine once completed and hopefully someone will help me:)
Lavern

Post by Lavern »

BBAdmin wrote:This example demonstrates simple DAC output capability and the advanced waveform output capability. Tested with tools release 2.6.
I can follow with your initialization series and it looks right and close to what I used, however I have not got any success.
Get the secockpit keywords tool http://www.myversaroadtrip.com
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

Did you connect the pins VDDA_DAC_ADC and VSSA_DAC_ADC (Pins J2[5] and J2[14])? The power section for the analog section is separate from that of the rest of the module. If you're just working with the carrier board you can just jumper those to Vcc and Ground.

-Dan
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc