Any Training on internet or any other place?

for everything else
khurramhameed

Any Training on internet or any other place?

Post by khurramhameed »

Hi,

one of my client have send me the Netburner board MOD5270, he have designed some hardware and he want to use MOD5270 board so that he can integrate with his hardware. the problem is that I am currently not getting any thing that where to start I have connect the board and its working but how do I make my own application so I need help in this matter and I want to learn or want to take training for MOD5270 so I can design custom application. I am a website designer and I know various designing tools and html, flash, basic action script, basic java script. Should I know more to work on MOD5270 board or I its fine.

Can I can start with the above knowledge please guide me and also please let me know if any one here know any training program in which teacher teach how to build
our own custom project by using MOD5270 board or if any one can provide me basic to advanced tutorial on any website.

I will be very glad if some one help me in this matter I really want to learn that what I can do with this board and how to do it.

Thanks,

Khurram
Chris Ruff

Re: Any Training on internet or any other place?

Post by Chris Ruff »

For a web designer to make the transition to Netburner:

1. learn C and C++
2. Read the netburner programming manual
3. load and run the netburner excercises one-by-one and study the code in the excercises while re-reading (2)

If you know (1) the rest will be easy. If you don't know (1) ... this will take a couple of months to start writing your own application.

I don't know of any formalized training for this.

Chris
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand
donericb50

Post by donericb50 »

I agree with Chris' recommendations but would like to add one.

4. If you are unfamiliar with RTOS pick up a copy of MicroC/OS-II by Jean J Labrosse. Netburner OS is a derivative of this and the book is a good introduction to RTOS features.

All the best.
D
donericb50

Post by donericb50 »

In re-reading your background and both Chris' and my response, I think that I should add that embedded programming requires some level of hardware understanding. This can be extensive in time-critical applications with new hardware directly interfaced to the netburner or as little as communication timing for a protocol interface. Often the software developer ( read as system developer ) must troubleshoot hardware/software/scheduler/RTOS/timing issues and be able to determine the best tradeoff of solutions between software and/or software. I would go to amazon and try searching for embedded hardware as a place to start to develop some background. The Embedded Muse, available free, through http://www.jackganssle.com has a lot to offer as well.

Embedded system development is the best rush in the software/hardware world and the most frustrating and challenging.

Welcome aboard!

As always
D
sb70koll

Post by sb70koll »

Hi Khurram,

Yes you need to invest for the hardware knowledge. But I must say that you wil have a headstart when it comes to the development of UI in flash/flex. See: http://forum.embeddedethernet.com/viewt ... ?f=5&t=104

Welcome!
Kind regards, sb70koll
Simplicity is my middle name - Danny Glover - Predator II