Launcher Won't on Vista

Topics for the Eclipse Environment
dpcons

Launcher Won't on Vista

Post by dpcons »

I'm using Vista Business SP1. When I try and launce my app from Eclipse (or use Auto-Update from Eclipse) I get the following error: Error starting process
Exec error:Launching failed.

IPSetup fails to launch from Eclipse also.
I can run from the desktop and I can also run Auto-Update from the desktop and all is well.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Forrest

Re: Launcher Won't on Vista

Post by Forrest »

Older versions of the NNDK may not work under Vista. Any release from the past year should be fine though. What version are you using? You can check in c:\nburn\release_tag
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
dpcons

Post by dpcons »

I'm using Version 2.2.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

That release should work fine under Vista.

3 things to check...

First, update your Java JDK to the latest release.
Second, are you installed in the default c:\nburn directory (others are ok, but lets ensure that it works with default config ).
Third, do you have system administrative rights to run apps under your Vista installation? Is that really useless User Account Control feature enabled? Try disabling it.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn
dpcons

Post by dpcons »

I'm using JRE 6 Release 12. I'm using the default c:\NBurn directory and yes, I have administrative rights. I'll try to disable the UAC later today and let you know.
Thanks
dpcons

Post by dpcons »

Sorry, forgot to get back. It is indeed the UAC. I disabled it and now Lanucher works fine. Inconvenient, but workable.
rjt

Post by rjt »

Actually, you can make it work without turning off UAC. Use Windows Explorer to go to the directory where NBEclipse lives (usually c:\nburn\NBEclipse). Right click on the NBEclipse.exe file and choose Properties. Choose the Compatibility tab. At the bottom choose "Run as Administrator" and click OK.

This will run NBEclipse as an administrator, but turnig off the UAC will do that for every program instead of only the one that requires it.

Richard Threlkeld
Software Innovation