Connect Error

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
macpherson

Connect Error

Post by macpherson »

I have been using Netburner modules successfully for some time. I recently bought a Mod5270 and noticed it was rev B v1.5 whereas the previous ones were no rev v1.1.

When I do a "Find" using TCPUpdate, I can find the module with no problems. (I have repeated all the tests with both a desktop and a laptop.)

When I try to do an update, however, I get the message "Connect error". Did something change in the hardware which is doing this? I note that the Boot program has the same old revision.

Thanks in advance.
Ewan.
yevgenit

Re: Connect Error

Post by yevgenit »

First, try to implement update via the mod5270 serial port.
If it is succeed, try to load (via the serial port) any sure good networking application, such as Mod5270FactoryDemo.
See the recommended procedure in the article " Debugging Network Communications " (http://www.netburner.com/downloads/nndk ... kDebug.pdf)
macpherson wrote:I recently bought a Mod5270 and noticed it was rev B v1.5 whereas the previous ones were no rev v1.1.
When I try to do an update, however, I get the message "Connect error". Did something change in the hardware which is doing this? I note that the Boot program has the same old revision.
Ewan.
Yevgeni Tunik
Embedded/RealTime software engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/yevgenitunik/

Post by macpherson »

I have the demo installed that came with the module. I was able to update using the serial port, but I must get this resolved with TCP Update.
macpherson

Post by macpherson »

OK, my bad. I forgot that the demo software uses AutoUpdate and not TCPUpdate.
Thanks for your help.

Ewan.