Head files of ISaGRAF software

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
abidefei

Head files of ISaGRAF software

Post by abidefei »

I am using the ISaGRAF software for some simulation testing, but I found the platform did not provide these head files as follows.
But I get no reply from IAsGRAF company.
How can I get these head files?
Thanks for your help.
Best regards.

#include <dsys0def.h>
#include <dker0def.h>
#include <dker0pro.h>
#include <dfbl0sfc.h>
#include <appli.h>
#include <OPERATE.h>
#include <FERMENTER.h>
oleg_osov

Re: Head files of ISaGRAF software

Post by oleg_osov »

Hello!

Which exactly ISaGRAF version do you have?
abidefei wrote:I am using the ISaGRAF software for some simulation testing, but I found the platform did not provide these head files as follows.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards.

#include <dsys0def.h>
#include <dker0def.h>
#include <dker0pro.h>
#include <dfbl0sfc.h>
If you have purchased PRDK - you have these files.
abidefei wrote: #include <appli.h>
#include <OPERATE.h>
#include <FERMENTER.h>
For me this looks like ISaGRAF 3 include files.

I have a question - why do you include these files if they are not provided?
It is impossible that you have ISaGRAF sources and don't have these files.

I look into ISaGRAF V3.50 IDK - NetBurner Target is not a part of the distribution
ISaGRAF V4.20 - NetBurner target is not the part of the distribution.
So I suppose you have ISaGRAF V5.xx

I'm not aware of your tests, but generally in your "C" functions/blocks or I/O drivers you only need to include dsys0def.h.
Other files are for the internal ISaGRAF kernel development.
Best regards,
Oleg Osovitskiy
abidefei

Post by abidefei »

Yes, I downloaded the version 5 from ISaGRAF.com, so I have no PRDK.
And do you have these files?
can you give me a help?
oleg_osov wrote:Hello!

Which exactly ISaGRAF version do you have?
abidefei wrote:I am using the ISaGRAF software for some simulation testing, but I found the platform did not provide these head files as follows.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards.

#include <dsys0def.h>
#include <dker0def.h>
#include <dker0pro.h>
#include <dfbl0sfc.h>
If you have purchased PRDK - you have these files.
abidefei wrote: #include <appli.h>
#include <OPERATE.h>
#include <FERMENTER.h>
For me this looks like ISaGRAF 3 include files.

I have a question - why do you include these files if they are not provided?
It is impossible that you have ISaGRAF sources and don't have these files.

I look into ISaGRAF V3.50 IDK - NetBurner Target is not a part of the distribution
ISaGRAF V4.20 - NetBurner target is not the part of the distribution.
So I suppose you have ISaGRAF V5.xx

I'm not aware of your tests, but generally in your "C" functions/blocks or I/O drivers you only need to include dsys0def.h.
Other files are for the internal ISaGRAF kernel development.
oleg_osov

Post by oleg_osov »

abidefei wrote:Yes, I downloaded the version 5 from ISaGRAF.com, so I have no PRDK.
And do you have these files?
can you give me a help?
You have to buy ISaGRAF PRDK version 5.14 or later. There is provided NetBurner target (run-time) in the Samples directory.
So you downloaded a demo version of ISaGRAF Workbench V5. Why not 6?
Since run-time V5.23 you have to use ISaGRAF Workbench V6.xx for the development of your projects.
I don't remember for sure what are the limitations of the demo version ISaGRAF Workbench V5 (it's been years since I saw unlicensed WB5) but I think your programs are encrypted to be used only on a single machine, you can't transfer them to another machine.

Now if you create new I/O drivers, "C" functions and function blocks in TDBuilder and generate templates of source code, and try to compile them for NetBurner - it is not going to work. You need to build the full ISaGRAF run-time and link your I/O drivers, functions, blocks to it. Then if in your project you use your drivers - the ISaGRAF run-time will call the drivers.

What is your project? Is it an education project - school, university, college? We can probably help with educational projects, for the commercial use you have to buy a commercial version of the product. But the options probably could be negotiated (time limited run-time and so on)
Best regards,
Oleg Osovitskiy
abidefei

Post by abidefei »

Dear oleg_osov,
Thanks for your reply.
Actually I met this problem in the March this year. but I have no way to deal with it.
I am work in a university (southwest jiaotong university). As the interesting, I do a testing for the ISaGRAF project under C environment, so the head files are necessary. But I cannot afford to buy ISaGRAF PRDK.
The version 6. coundn't be downloaded for ISaGRAF.com.
And can I find the files from version 3? or can you provide these files for me?
Thanks for your kind help.

[/quote]

You have to buy ISaGRAF PRDK version 5.14 or later. There is provided NetBurner target (run-time) in the Samples directory.
So you downloaded a demo version of ISaGRAF Workbench V5. Why not 6?
Since run-time V5.23 you have to use ISaGRAF Workbench V6.xx for the development of your projects.
I don't remember for sure what are the limitations of the demo version ISaGRAF Workbench V5 (it's been years since I saw unlicensed WB5) but I think your programs are encrypted to be used only on a single machine, you can't transfer them to another machine.

Now if you create new I/O drivers, "C" functions and function blocks in TDBuilder and generate templates of source code, and try to compile them for NetBurner - it is not going to work. You need to build the full ISaGRAF run-time and link your I/O drivers, functions, blocks to it. Then if in your project you use your drivers - the ISaGRAF run-time will call the drivers.

What is your project? Is it an education project - school, university, college? We can probably help with educational projects, for the commercial use you have to buy a commercial version of the product. But the options probably could be negotiated (time limited run-time and so on)[/quote]
oleg_osov

Post by oleg_osov »

abidefei wrote: I am work in a university (southwest jiaotong university). As the interesting, I do a testing for the ISaGRAF project under C environment, so the head files are necessary. But I cannot afford to buy ISaGRAF PRDK.
The version 6. coundn't be downloaded for ISaGRAF.com.
And can I find the files from version 3? or can you provide these files for me?
Thanks for your kind help.
I do not clearly understand what are you trying to achieve with the Workbench. What essentially WB does - it creates a TIC code (target independent code) to be executed by the ISaGRAF run-time. This run-time can work virtually on any hardware/software platform including NetBurner (Windows, Linux, QNX, RTX64, ...). So if you have already ISaGRAF run-time build for NetBurner you can take header files from there. If you don't have run-time then these headers will be useless for you.
If your question is only about headers I think I can help you with that, but I'm just trying to understand how come you have ISaGRAF run-time but don't have these headers...

You can always contact our support team at:
ISaGRAF Support <isagraf_support@ra.rockwell.com>
Best regards,
Oleg Osovitskiy
abidefei

Post by abidefei »

Yes, My question is noly about header files. —— I transform the ISaGRAF programmes into C codes, then do some testing under C compiler, so the header files are necessary.
And is this way feasible?

[/quote]

I do not clearly understand what are you trying to achieve with the Workbench. What essentially WB does - it creates a TIC code (target independent code) to be executed by the ISaGRAF run-time. This run-time can work virtually on any hardware/software platform including NetBurner (Windows, Linux, QNX, RTX64, ...). So if you have already ISaGRAF run-time build for NetBurner you can take header files from there. If you don't have run-time then these headers will be useless for you.
If your question is only about headers I think I can help you with that, but I'm just trying to understand how come you have ISaGRAF run-time but don't have these headers...

You can always contact our support team at:
ISaGRAF Support <isagraf_support@ra.rockwell.com>[/quote]
oleg_osov

Post by oleg_osov »

abidefei wrote:Yes, My question is noly about header files. —— I transform the ISaGRAF programmes into C codes, then do some testing under C compiler, so the header files are necessary.
And is this way feasible?
No, it won't work for you. You absolutely need to have the ISaGRAF run-time itself. Because your programs (I/O drivers, functions, function blocks) will be called by the ISaGRAF run-time, within ISaGRAF run-time, according to the project you develop in the WB. So as you don't have the run-time, you code is kind of orphaned. It lacks the execution environment. These headers need another bunch of headers, then there is a lot of code in the ISaGRAF run-time to prepare the communication, configuration and execution of your code.

I spoke to our support team, we received your request and we have two problems with that:
1. Request came from the 'gmail.com' domain and NOT from the real university's authority. We can't verify it is a legitimate request from the university.
2. Your university's person in charge must first try to settle this thing with our regional distributor in China (I think it is www.imag.com) and if it doesn't work then we could take it from there and try to resolve the issue

I know in many cases licenses for universities will be cheap or even free of charge for your educational needs.

Hope it will help you, good luck
Best regards,
Oleg Osovitskiy
abidefei

Post by abidefei »

Dear oleg_osov,
I am very grateful for your detailed reply and hearty assistance.
We underestimated the difficulty as the execution environment is necessary.
In the first half of this year, I am in charge of this testing. The local service now turn over to the Infoteam company of China (http://infoteam.com.cn/). I contact them for several weeks, but in the end they regrettably told me they only can provide these files for the paying customers.
As the poor connection with my university email box, I used the gmail last time. I send a mail to support team by my univerisy in cn and uk respectively.
Thanks for your support very much.
Best regards.

oleg_osov wrote: No, it won't work for you. You absolutely need to have the ISaGRAF run-time itself. Because your programs (I/O drivers, functions, function blocks) will be called by the ISaGRAF run-time, within ISaGRAF run-time, according to the project you develop in the WB. So as you don't have the run-time, you code is kind of orphaned. It lacks the execution environment. These headers need another bunch of headers, then there is a lot of code in the ISaGRAF run-time to prepare the communication, configuration and execution of your code.

I spoke to our support team, we received your request and we have two problems with that:
1. Request came from the 'gmail.com' domain and NOT from the real university's authority. We can't verify it is a legitimate request from the university.
2. Your university's person in charge must first try to settle this thing with our regional distributor in China (I think it is http://www.imag.com) and if it doesn't work then we could take it from there and try to resolve the issue

I know in many cases licenses for universities will be cheap or even free of charge for your educational needs.

Hope it will help you, good luck