I/O Usage on MOD54415

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
SeeCwriter

I/O Usage on MOD54415

Post by SeeCwriter »

We are currently using the MOD 54415, this was an upgrade from the MOD5234. We made the change to take advantage of the on-board SD card to store large data files. The 5234 design made use of I/O pins J2-33 thru J2-37 for additional address lines for our SRAM interface. We did not change the I/O on the MOD 54415 design. We are experiencing unexplained data corruption when accessing the SD card (we think). I was wondering if we have stepped on I/O that is used for interfacing with SD card and are unawares. We also use the nano in some of our designs and have seen mention of a dedicated SPI for the SD card interface with this module and are wondering which SPI interface is used in communicating with the SD card on the MOD 54415. The SD card we are using is an industrial temp grade from ATP P/N AF1GUDI-5AC01 if that is of any importance.
dciliske

Re: I/O Usage on MOD54415

Post by dciliske »

Hmm... the onboard SD card is accessed using DSPI0 which is only routed to the SD card and the boot flash. As the boot flash is *only* used to boot the monitor and the alt mon, there is no contention for the bus. There was a while back (2 years or so), a very tight race condition when accessing the filesystem from multiple tasks. What NNDK are you using?
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
SeeCwriter

Post by SeeCwriter »

We are using v2.7.3.
rnixon

Post by rnixon »

Are you accessing from multiple tasks? How about a test where you only access from one task?